Like a Lampshade at a Whorehouse



I just ordered “Like a Lampshade in a Whorehouse” a life in comedy by Phylilis Diller. This is the story of a remarkable woman- mother of 5, concert pianist, painter


and ground breaking comedian. Two failed marriages( her words not mine), bad reviews, homelessness, the entire gamut. Her art saved her. 
I just ordered that daring swimsuit. The one without sleeves.
I met Fang at the door dressed in Saran Wrap. He said “ What left overs again!”
Over 50,000 jokes and 5 decades in the business. I’m 4 decades in the pottery business and probably have well over 40,000 pots made some of which may even be worth remembering.
This coming Monday I’m going to see a show I’m in at The Art Gallery of Burlington entitled Serendipity- When Life Gives You Lemons.
I am interested in the idea that failure contains information that leads to knowledge. In essence I have learned as much from my failures as my successes and that changes in your life can bring about art. Knowledge from failure and change equals the art we are currently making.

I am also a guest presenter Monday night at The Carnegie Gallery for the Hamilton Potter’s Guild. The title of the Power Point “Putting the Hammer Down”. Ya have to come to understand the title.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Reading this post makes me think of these quotes on from Thomas A. Edison

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”

“Negative results are just what I want. They’re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don’t.”

Popular Posts